6.15.2008

FOREWARNING: SAD STORY about our 'Lil' Girl' (our dog)

This morning when we got up, Lance let the 2 dogs out of the garage. They're in there because 1 is old and the other had puppies about 6 weeks ago. Well, one of our worst nightmares occurred. We live on a busy road and I'm sure you can imagine what happened next. The puppies mom got hit. It killed her. Another lady stopped because she saw her laying in the ditch. Lance ran out there. The lady was saying how sorry she was and petting her. She isn't the person that hit her. We don't know who it was or whether or not they even knew they did it. She's short & thin. Kailee still has no idea. I'm not good with things like that and cried. My stomach still turns when I think about it. We've had her for at least 2 1/2 years. I can't even remember if Kailee was born yet when she arrived. Shania is upset as well. She is Lil' Girl's mom. The only good thing about it is that the puppies are able to eat dog food and drink water so they won't suffer - other than missing their mom. What a way to start Father's Day!

4 folks had something to say.:

Katie said...

awwwww!!!!! :( :( im so sorry. :(

Tell Lance happy fathers day for me..

Caet said...

I called granddaddy to tell him happy fathers day, and he told me what happened. Have u told yet?
Does mawmaw know?

Caet said...

have you told Kailee yet*?

Rachel said...

Aww, that is so sad. That is one reason I don't want a pet, because it's so hard when something happens to them.