5.23.2008

I think I can, I think I can.

I think I may be able to muster up a decent blog today.

I have been so down in the dumps here lately. It's almost ridiculous. I'm not one to cry - most of you know that but recently, I've cried more than I have in my whole life. The Lord only knows every thing that I'm feeling and thinking. That's probably a good thing. I'm just glad that he knows my heart and it doesn't matter what others think of me or my situation, God has the answer.

Moving on.

Kailee is getting so big. I cannot believe I will have a 3 year old here in a few months. MY childhood doesn't seem like it was that long ago so sometimes it's still kind of surreal that I have TWO children. Kailee can be so sweet and so rotten all in the same breath. She has learned to use God to get out of bad situations. I say that jokingly. The little booger will do something to Madelynn, get in trouble and then go over and pray for Jesus to make her better. LOL! She's a mess. I love the kid but man, she is such a hand full and by the time Lance gets home, I'm ready to pull my hair out. She doesn't listen to a single thing either one of us says and no matter how much you warn her about getting whipped, she does it anyway. She cries through her punishment and turns around and does it again. WOOWEE! This better be a stage. If I hear one more person tell me that there's also terrible 3's, 4's and 5's, I'm gonna take a vacation and come back when she's 5 and ready to start school. JUST KIDDING! Actually, as much as she drives me insane, I look forward to being her Mommy and teaching her to be GOOD. One day she will understand... completely. She has been potty trained for 3 or 4 months now and that's been GREAT. The only problem is her wanting to use the bathroom every time we go to the store or a restaurant. I know there are time she's just wanting to check out the bathroom but you can never be too sure.

Madelynn is growing way too fast. She is the complete opposite of Kailee -- for now. I'm sure she will test me one day as well. One day soon. She is such a smiley, happy baby. She does have a little temper. She can't stand for me to get dressed. As soon as the shirt slips over her head, she throws a fit. She is super strong (or maybe I'm just super weak) and fights like crazy. She insists on attempting to turn over while I'm trying to put her diaper on so that becomes a major task at times. She's pulling up on everything so I'm just waiting for her to bust her chin. I'm sure eventually she will have her first injury. We bought her a walker a couple of days ago. I wondered how long it would take her to figure it out. All it took was me opening the fridge and off she went. She loves food and the thought of me getting something to eat gave her a reason to walk. HAHA!

Lance is off today and Monday so he's using his 4 day weekend to get some things done around here. I wish I could snap my fingers and have this house completed and up for sale. I'm so ready to get outta here. Constantly living in a construction zone drives me insane. Pray that the work is completed SOON!

That's all the rambling I have for y'all today. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

5 folks had something to say.:

Vic said...

Erika it's a good thing to pour your heart out to the Lord...Psalm 34:17 The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles....ALL and he means ALL...

Be consistent with Kailee, she will get it...

Tam said...

I love you, Erika and I pray for you daily.

As for Kailee, I love that she goes and prays to Jesus to make her good, that's too cute and funny!

She's way too smart for her age.

Erika J. said...

I guess I wasn't clear. She goes and prays for MADELYNN to get better -- since she caused her pain. haha.

Tam said...

Awwwww, even funnier and sweeter.

~Chunky Butt~ said...

She's such a cutie and a smart lil booger at that!!