6.26.2008

Sad Story II - about our dog, Shakespear

A few days ago Lance found Shakespear dragging his back legs around the pen in the backyard. We cleaned him up and brought him into the basement. Lance said that he did this a few years ago and was better 24 hours later. He thought it had something to do with him overheating. This time, he didn't get better. We took him to the vet this morning and his temperature had already dropped pretty low and his kidneys were shutting down. They said that putting him to sleep would be the best option. He was starting to slip into a coma. We figured that would be the resolution. It was so pitiful. He had such sad eyes but at least we know he isn't suffering. We have really not had any luck with dogs lately. This is the 4th one we've lost in the past year. Shakespear was the puppy's father.

Changing subjects...
I had my 2nd MRI today. I have no clue when I'll get the results. Luckily, the dye they used for this test isn't like the dye they use for a CT Scan or X-Ray so I didn't have any wierd side effects to it. As soon as I hear something, I'll be sure to post.

Off to bed I go. I'm not feeling well.

Nite Everybody.

5 folks had something to say.:

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry about Shakespeare. As soon as I saw "Sad Story," I said, Not Again!!!

Kasey said...

Im sorry Erika, that stinks. I wll continue to pray for you.

wemmies said...

Geesh. Man. Wow. Sad.
Does Kailee understand?

Valerie said...

Awww,sorry to hear about your dog,I know that has got to be hard.

Glad the dye did not make you sick.

Erika J. said...

Kailee forgot about the first 2 dogs. She still asks about Lil' Girl but Lance has found a way around her questions. She asked about Shakespear and I told her he was sick and wouldn't be coming back here anymore. She doesn't really go too deep into discussion. I think the hardest thing is going to be selling these puppies. ugh!