11.29.2008

Another holiday gone.

We wait and wait in anticipation for something only to have go by like lightening speed.

I really enjoyed the time I got to spend with my family this year. I don't think I've spent Thanksgiving with them since Nanny cooked in 2004. I've always stayed here for Thanksgiving and came up for Christmas.

I apologized to Kim for her traumatic Thanksgiving. Haha! She's not used to small children and Kailee is pretty rowdy so I think the non-stop action kind of frazzled her. Poor Kim! Hahaha!

Kim & I were a good team in our Black Friday shopping. I enjoyed being able to do it with her. Once we were done, we had breakfast at Cracker Barrell. Thanks for going with me Kim!

We really are a blessed nation. I don't know how long that is going to last but we shouldn't take it for granted. While we were all having dinner and shopping with our family, people were being killed in a terrorist attack in India. 5 americans were killed. 2 of which were a father and his daughter from VA. People just visiting on vacation, enjoying their time, had no idea what they were about to face. I've just now been able to sit down and really watch it. There's a little boy on there now who lost his mom, dad & siblings. There's a 2 year old little boy who was rescued by someone nearby and he is now an orphan. HOW AWFUL! Pray for these people. Just because the attack is over, doesn't mean the nightmare is. I'm sure these people will have a long road of healing, emotionally/mentally, ahead of them. I'm so glad I know the Lord!

I was reading something on CNN.com the other day about a family facing war. I can't remember where these people were located but I believe it's been going on for almost 10 years. While they were fleeing from a certain situation, they lost track of one of their children. The father said he had to decide whether to keep going or go back, risk death and try to find his child. He chose to go on. Now this family have to go about their lives wondering about that child. Whether he's safe, whether he's alive. I cannot imagine! We have no idea what people are going through while we are living our cushy lives. It's hard to wrap your mind around at times.


I think I'm done rambling now. We have some things to return today. I did some shopping for my sister in law yesterday morning and one of the things I grabbed for her is wrong so we have to go trade it out. They actually still have them in stock! I also bought a cookware set. It's TFal and while it's not the BEST cookware, it was hard for me to pass up the deal. I saved $40. I'm still tossing around the idea of keeping it. If any of you might want to buy it from me, I'll keep it and you can have it for the price I paid for it. It's a 20 piece set. It has pots, pans, baking sheets, round cake pans and some utensils. It's regularly 89.99 and I paid 49.99.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!

4 folks had something to say.:

Rebekah Doran said...

Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving and a good shopping partner! I never go with Jacob, he usually goes by himself, but this year my brother went with him. I think Jacob enjoyed having him along.

Rebekah Doran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vic said...

What is amazing to me is how much you have grown these past 4 years...You can see you children become adults by watching how the depth of their thinking changes when they become parents...

Just keep trusting in the Lord with all thine heart, lean not unto thine own understanding, in ALL thy ways acknowledge him and he SHALL direct your paths...

Kasey said...

I know my blog is hard to read a bit :( but nothin else has really caught my eye yet. There is one that interests me, but I like the one I have better. They should come out with more the closer Christmas gets...maybe I can change it then. I tried to change the width but it didnt help.