1.02.2009

Although I'm taking a break...

I wanted to say 'HAPPY NEW YEAR!' to each of you.

I'm not one to make resolutions but I do plan on this being a better year than last. I've started the year with a different outlook on things. It is way too easy to focus on the negative and forget about all the many things we have to be thankful for. No more pessimism.

As long as we live on THIS earth and in these bodies, we can expect life to be a rollet coaster ride. We can either be terrified of the ride or we can throw our hands in the air and squeel with excitement. I'm excited about this year!

There will still be those seated behind us, screaming and hyperventilating from fear - even sometimes tossing the occassion upchuck our way to ruin our ride but we can still choose to respond differently.

I'm choosing to enjoy the ride so don't ruin it for me! :)


PS. If you're interested in what I got for Christmas, Lance bought me a Wii along with several game packs and tons of cool accessories. We have since bought a PS3 as well. We wanted a bluray player anyway so now we can watch bluray movies AND play games. Those 2 systems along with our XBOX 360 we bought a few months back and we have a mini arcade going on here. I think I'll start inviting people over and charging admission. HA!

10 folks had something to say.:

Vic said...

I hope 2009 is full of your best potential for your life and the life of your family!!!

Valerie said...

I want a Wii. I think they are fun, I went to my aunt's house and they have just bought one for Christmas and I had a ball.

Kasey said...

I wonder if there is a way you can hook up to play wii's together. like you can with play stations or whatever it is megan has. Try to find wii fit on ebay, maybe it would be cheaper.

marshasblog said...

we got (or I should say my girls got) a wii for Christmas also...it's a lot of fun!!

~Chunky Butt~ said...

Mario Party 8 is the BEST!!

~Chunky Butt~ said...

Oops sorry i meant to tell you that since we both have the internet we CAN play games together..read your manual and it tells you how to do it!

Jessica @ Home and Faith said...

My outlook for this year is the same as yours. I am tired of being depressed and worried about things. I want to live, laugh, and love MORE!

Vic said...

Ok how much longer is your break going to be? Waiting impatiently for a post...

Tam said...

O.K.....breaks over....back to work!

Rebekah Doran said...

That was a very good post. Very encouraging for me. Thank you for posting it. It is very true. Think about the GOOD things.

Don't be gone too long, I enjoy reading your blog and seeing those cute, cute pictures.