1.29.2009

I'll TRY to explain this....

I was at the nutritionist for 2 1/2 hours yesterday. Since I have previous knowledge of the natural health field and things pertaining to RA, I knew he knew what he was talking about. It was VERY interesting. He knew alot of things about me and my past just by hooking me up to a machine.

You can read about the machine here. It's called Asyra.

He also knew the nutritionist I went to, and several other people go to in my family, Dr. Dunseng. I may have spelled that wrong. Anywho...

He really feels like he can get my disease under control. He believes that he can back me out of everything that lead me to where I am today. I REALLY liked him. The reason we were there for so long is because we could sit around and chat about anything and everything. He answered any of my questions like it was the very first time he had ever answered them. When he would discover something in my past and connect it with something today, he would get really excited. Most of you know that I'm not easily excited but I was actually getting excited too. Ha!

I can't get into ALL the details because it's quite lengthy but a few things that were interesting was he was able to tell through the Asyra machine that I had asthma at one time, I have a aspartame weakness (no more diet dr pepper - depressing!), I had a parasite at one time and one of my immunizations as a child gave me some problems (How do you like that Rachel? - HA!). Through some other factors present, he asked me if anyone, my parents, grandparents, great grandparents, ever had TB. My answer was YES. My great grandfather had it. My grandmother/MawMaw/Peggy, is a carrier. Wierd, no? He said although I was not neccessarily exposed to it, it showed in my test because it has effected me in one way or another.

One more thing. This may be beneficial to some of you. If you have an O+ blood type, you are sensitive to wheat and dairy. I had a dairy allergy as a child! Trippy. I am also sensitive to yellow food dye. As I was leaving, I popped a piece of gum in my mouth and jokingly said 'Can I have this cause I'm about to eat a piece?' He read the label and said 'Yes' and then quickly responded with 'NO! It has yellow dye in it!' I would've never guessed that my orbit mint gum had yellow dye in it. Too crazy!

I can no longer have cheese unless it's the light colored ones like mozarella, swiss, muenster, etc. I can't drink milk. I have to get goat's milk or rice dream. I asked him about eating read meat and he said to get buffalo. He said it's leaner than deer and alot of times Kroger carries it.

Anytime I eat a sandwhich, I use wheat bread. I thought it was better for me than white. I wasn't aware that I was sensitive to it.

My thyroid is dying. I had my thyroid tested not too long ago and nothing showed up in my bloodwork. He said 90% of the time it won't. So, we are treating my thyroid. He said I should be able to tell a difference in as little as 2 weeks. He said I should be MUCH better in as little as a month or 2. He said thyroid also effects weight loss. I told him that I used to be able to lose weight like nobodies business but recently, I'm having alot of trouble. Now I know some of you are thinking that if I could lose weight so easily in the past, why didn't I? Because I didn't try. Although I did lose 100 lbs in less than a year. ANYWAY, so treating my thyroid should make the pounds come off whether I try or not. Just taking what he gives me should cause weight loss. How awesome is that?! I was getting aggravated. My weight fluctuates like crazy. Down 6 lbs one day, up 6 lbs the next.


Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh, I'm SO excited about all of this!!!!! I was thinking last night that this guy is heaven sent. Seriously! I believe 100% that ONLY GOD can heal but this guy could be the key to my healing.

Next week, I go have my poop flushed out. HAHAHAHA! The doodoo guru, uh, I mean Momma, should be thrilled about it. I am going to have a colonic or whatever you call it. They run 30 gallons of water through you and flush you out. I bet I lose 20 lbs just doing that. HA! I'll be sure to blog about the experience.

Okay, I think that's enough for now. I hope you enjoyed your health lessons for today. You are dismissed!


PS. If you wonna check this guy out and read up on him, visit Nutritional Consultants.

10 folks had something to say.:

Valerie said...

WOW! All of that sounds great. Hopefully things will improve for you.

lol, the poopoo flush should be exciting.

Tam said...

COOL! This is awesome! Every good and perfect gift comes from the Lord! This sounds pretty good to me!!!!!!!

Vic said...

I am ecstatic that after almost umpteen years you are listening to your Momma...That in and of itself is a great miracle...lol...doo doo guru...lol!!!!!!!!!!

Erika J. said...

Mom, one day you will listen to ME and realize I like to find MY OWN WAY in the world. It didn't click with Dr. Dunseng. I'd prefer to LIKE my doctors. Sooooo.... nuff said.

Rebekah Doran said...

That was very interesting! How did you find out about that machine?

Kasey said...

that sounds very interesting, so will you have to modify your diet quite a bit?

emily said...

This is very exciting and encouraging! Praise the Lord ^^

Erika J. said...

Rebekah - I knew nothing of the machine until I went in for a consultation.

Kasey - I'm adjusting my diet but it's not anything I shouldn't already be doing. He said it wouldn't be forever. I can have the things I like within moderation.

Montgomery's said...

Wow... hope things really start improving now. I know you must be really excited, as you did only mention it a few time during the blog. :) Have a great day.

Jessica @ Home and Faith said...

Wow. It's awesome that you found a doc that would really take time with you! They are hard to find these days! Praise the Lord for giving this man wisdom!