7.27.2008

I should post...

...something besides these random things I'm doing but I really can't think of what to post about.

My life is pretty routine and nothing out of the oridnary happens. On my way home from breakfast this morning, I was inspired by a story that came to mind. Well, not really inspired but I thought I'd share the story.

I think that rudeness/inconsideration in number 1 on my list of pet peeves. I cannot stand for someone to not think about the people around them. I can't tell you how often I go to the grocery and encounter people who cut you off with their shopping cart or block the entire aisle like you're not there. It drives me INSANE! Anyway, my story...

Any of you who get your gas from Kroger (or Walmart) knows that there is usually a line you have to wait in to get to the pump. You usually have to pull into the line that's facing the way you need to face in order to get to your gas tank. Well, sometimes it just doesn't work out that way and you end up having to back into the line.

One day, Lance and I pulled into Kroger to fill up the Durango. We noticed that at the next pump, there was someone filling up, someone in front of the person filling up and someone behind them as well. Well the next person in line drove a big truck. As soon as the person filling up pulled away, the guy in the big truck prepared himself to pull up to the gas pump. Well, outta nowhere, the other person that was waiting (in a small car) darted in his direction and took his turn. The guy in the big truck looked in disbelief and the lady in the car stepped out to pump her gas as if no one else was there. Well, this pushed my buttons in a big way. Lance and I were talking about how we couldn't believe that that lady did that, blah blah blah. Next thing we know, the obviously snooty lady realizes that she has pulled up to the gas pump the wrong way. She was determined she was not going to move and pulled the pump over the top of her and made it reach her gas tank. Lance and I caught eyes with the guy in the truck and he just shook his head. I just kept saying 'people like that make me SO mad!'

I hope that story wasn't too confusing. Haha! It was something to blog about!

11 folks had something to say.:

Valerie said...

lol, I followed the story..People are like that everywhere you go. I see it every day and it is rudeness!

Vic said...

Because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold...It's not going to get better for any of us, but the greater the battles, the sweeter the victories!!!!!!!!!!!

God never loses a battle...Praise his holy name...

wemmies said...

*does a jig*


Sorry.. Momma's message stirred my spirit. LOL!

Anywho... YES YES YES!! This is my #1 pet peeve as well. I think men by nature are inconsiderate. When you become a mother is goes to a whole new level! It is the basis of MOST of the complaints and problems in my life. If people would just stop and think it wouldn't be as bad. I am driving it in my kids everywhere we go to look around them. It is simple common sense.

I even will say out loud to people in the way and not being considerate.. I tell my kids.. stay on your side so people can get around. LOL! I make sure others are getting educated in manners along with my kids. *innocent grin*

wemmies said...

We just went to a buffet with kids getting stuff off the bar with their hands. I wanted to go talk to their parents. It really grossed me out. It is so rude and gross.

Erika J. said...

we went to cracker barrel this morning and our waitress had dirty fingernails. i said something to lance about it and he thanked me for pointing it out to him. luckily, she didn't serve us our food.

in your case, i think i would've told management. that is really nasty. kids have a tendency to touch anything and everything. just think of all the E Coli that was going into the buffet food. YUM!

wemmies said...

For real. It made me realize how nasty a buffet is... I never thought about it before that. The tongs were slide down in the food.. the part that everybody touches.. there was no sneeze/gleek guard. BLAH! Sorta ruined it all for me. LOL!!

I would have told management but they barely spoke english. They may not have thought it was gross anyway. LOL! Some little girls was picking up all the cookies until she saw the one she wanted. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Tam said...

Sick! good thing we pray over our food first, huh? HA! Can you imagine the germs???!!!! GROSS!

by the way, I love your new background.

Sara said...

You always have the cutest layouts.

Grace & Co said...

SUPER annoying about the lady not waiting her turn at the gas station! How can you live with yourself for even acting like that? What a jerkola. =P

Vic said...

Gracie, they should sell a drink for calming people down called, Jercola...lol...Oh nevermind they could just get sanctified for free...lol...

Grace & Co said...

LOL! That's an idea though...

Jercola...

I wonder if I could make it legally?

LOL!

Just kidding. =)