8.06.2008

I've just GOT to get to God!

Have you ever had a need so great that all you could think was 'I've just got to get to God!' (or talk to God or whatever)? A few weeks ago, the week of the TN State Convention, I woke up that Saturday morning in ALOT of pain. I was frustrated and stressed about some things and it was really getting to a point where I just felt miserable in every aspect - physically, mentally, emotionally. I had a meltdown that morning. I cried and sobbed. I called my mom on the phone and she had to keep telling me to calm down because I couldn't get my words out clearly enough for her to understand me. I think she knew what I was trying to say. I could tell I was upsetting her but I just needed to get out everything that I was feeling. She had someone pray for me over the phone. She requested prayer for me at the state convention. I begged my husband to take me to state convention because I just had to get to God.

Only the Lord knows everything I've been through over the past couple of years. We are spiritually starving too death. My life has been less than what it should be and I'm all alone. I just turned on the live webcast of the General Assembly (you can find it here.) and immediately thought, 'I have got to get to God!' I cannot wait to get there. We'll leave sometime tomorrow - hopefully around noon or so. I have alot of things that I NEED from God THIS WEEKEND. I need alot of answers to alot of prayers - a few in particular. Please God let this be the weekend of a healing in my life! A healing physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually.

9 folks had something to say.:

Rachel said...

I'm listening to Sis. Wood's program about chains that bind people and then I come here and read this... you seriously made me cry. You have no idea how much I want you to have freedom from the things that drag you down. I'm praying with you for your healing! I'll rejoice with you when those prayers are answered!

Kasey said...

Praying for you.

Valerie said...

Oh Erika, I feel so bad for you. I hope everything works out for you, maybe if not this weekend, then soon.

Valerie said...

Oh yeah, that is a cute pic of Kailee you got on the page. Waffle House?

Tam said...

I'll pray too and EXPECT it this weekend!!!!!!!!!

wemmies said...

My first thought is that God is with you always. You don't have to get to him. He is there with you. You may need the support of others but God is always there. Reminds me of a song...

I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.

Chorus:
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

Erika J. said...

thanks everyone for praying.

wendy, i understand what you're saying. i wasn't meaning that God wasn't here and that if I could go elsewhere, I'd find him. I just feel safety in the multitude of counselors. There are people there that I'd like see, talk to, hug, pray with. I've been alone too long.

When I posted this, I was thinking of the woman with the issue of blood. She had tried everything. I'm sure she had even pleeded with God. Finally, she could SEE Jesus. All she wanted to do was just touch him. That's kinda the way I felt when I was watching the assembly. Sure God here is. Sure I can touch Him touch. But I want to be in church, I want to be fed. I don't want to just sit here in my house and think about being there. I want to actually be there.

Okay, I guess this could've been it's own post. Haha!

Stew's Blessing said...

I like what you wrote Wendy, so very true, don't know that song but the words are wonderful, and true. You made me want to sing "He is here lets CELEBRATE, the presence of the Lord..., we don't want to make God "the God of the mountain, or the God of the valley", He is God, and he is with us, whether we feel like he is or not. I know my redeemer liveth and I rejoice in "his presence".Hope you have a good time at the Assembly Erika, and all, look like I'll be in Florida, suppose to leave tonight, if John feels like it.Pray for him he hasn't felt too good a day or so, I made an doctor appointment for him today, thats the only way he'll go. ha. We had planned to stop by to see you, but as Peter Pan told Captain Hook, another time,by the help of the Lord, we'll let you know when we're coming thru "your little Macon" again, ha ha,Be blessed!
.

Rebekah Doran said...

I'm praying that you'll get what you need from God this weekend.