3.13.2009

Staple Free, Glory Be!

So, I went into the doctor TUESDAY. I was so glad that I was going to be getting my staples out. I walked in BEFORE 8am (which should be outlawed!) and signed in. I sat down and was quickly called back up. I was informed that my appointment was in fact MONDAY. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! They said they couldn't remove the staples because of it being a total elbow replacement and I would have to come back THURSDAY when the doc was there! UGH! Talk about disappointment. The next 2 days creeped by.

Thursday has since come and gone and I sit here with NO STAPLES! Aaaaaaahhhhhhh! I'm SO glad. It stung a little to have them taken out but it was SO worth it. Well, it was slightly worth it. I would feel ALOT better if they hadn't put strips of tape on my arm after removing the staples. GRRRRRRRRR! I keep sticking to the recliner. Talk about annoying! Still, not as bad as staples. No more gauze and ace bandages either. WOOHOO! If you're wondering why I have strips of tape on my arm, it's because my arm hasn't completely healed and when I would bend my arm, my incision would gap open a little so I guess I'm basically being held together with tape. Haha!

Oh, another thing. They said my bone cracked when they went to put the implant in so I have an additional wire holding my bone together. Nice, huh? He said it happens in about 1/3 of patients and I shouldn't have any trouble from it.

I can't completely straighten my arm out but it's so much better than before. The doc said that it gets better over time. I just need to keep working it and trying to make myself do things I wasn't able to do before. I can already tell it's loosened up quite a bit just sense yesterday. YAY!

Okay, enough about that.


I think Kailee has officially quit Weeball. We tried another practice last night and she just didn't want to get involved. She'd roll the ball around for a few seconds and then she was done. She just wanted to play in the dirt. We got her hat & jersey last night. I don't know if we'll go for the pictures Saturday or not. The only picture we'd get is of the group. We can take pictures of her in her uniform ourselves.

My birthday is in a few weeks so I called my dad up and asked him if he'd send me some 'birthday' money so I can get my hair done. I'm going to get the top cut shorter and do something with the color. It's been quite some time since I've colored my hair. I've had my natural hair color for about a year I guess. Every now and then, I'll buy something semi-permanant but other than that, it's natural. Well, I'm tired of the same ol' thing so I'm going to do something drastic. I can't decide if I want to be a redhead or not. I may just go with some hilights. Who knows. Ya never know with me. I'm always trying something different. :) I'm going to look up some hair color photos so I'll post some pictures soon and get some opinions from you guys.

I can't wait for the youth convention! I'm so glad the Antioch Youth are coming to support GA. We soooooooo need it. We are planning on being there Saturday so y'all be prepped to spend lots of time with me. :)

Okay, enough rambling for now. Almost naptime. I'll have some hair color photos up soon.


Have a good weekend everyone!

4 folks had something to say.:

Valerie said...

lol, happy about the stample being out. I know that has to feel better. I had the stamples in my tummy after the c-section, they had taken them out and it kinda pinched, but then taped me up as well. I thought my insides were going to come right through. Skeered me!

Post pics of Kailee in her uniform, that will be cute.

Vic said...

Where are the stapleless pics????????

Vic said...

You may want to check out Billie Joiner at Hudson's on McGhee Street...She is really good...

Katie said...

Ya, I want a staple free pics as well....PTL, for the freedom of movement you are getting back and for the healing...pics, soon please...love and prayers, sis katie.